I like the capital of my country. There are few simple reasons why. First of all when you just enter the border of Kyiv it feels that you are in the main city of the country – in the capital. I`ve been to many of capitals, but not all of them are looks like the main place of the country. Sometimes they have quite beautiful downtown, but its suburbs usually looks like villages in the neighbourhood.
The next reason why Kyiv is a nice capital – it is truly beautiful and ancient city where you can get a lot of excitement while exploring all the wonders of this city. You might need the whole week to explore the most popular destinations in Kyiv, cos there are many of places to see.
Kyiv is comfortable for its citizens and for visitors. I always feels like at home in this city and I`m pretty sure that Kyiv will hosts everyone with same hospitality.
I`m visiting Kyiv quite often and I have already formed my favourite places to go there and I`m going to share them with you in order to make you want to visit the capital of my country ❤
1) I like the sparkling evenings close to the Dnipro river. There is a pedestrian bridge through the river where you can cross to the left river bank and sit close to the water under the bridge. There are colorful reflections in the water in the night time which make this place truly romantic.
2) Walking through the “Peyzazhna alley” which is a place of modern art. There are many of places to make pictures with sweetest artworks.
3) Even it is rainy day I like to walk through the main street Khreschatyk and Maidan Square. In the evening this part of the city is shimmering in different lights. Khreschatyk mostly all the time overcrowded, but when it is rain you have the opportunity to walk through the unusually empty main street if you are not afraid to get wet)
4) I like the squares in Kyiv. Each of them are good for spending time with friends, make pictures and just enjoy the views around.
5) I like the churches in Kyiv. There are a big number of them and among the soul treatment you can get a huge inspiration while observing the masterpieces created by the architectors.
6) There are many of gardens right in the city center. It is always nice to see the green part in the megapolis, but when you will come there in spring you might be so lucky to observe absolutely stunning picture of blooming magnolia.
There are many more things to do in Kyiv and I would like to share many more of wonders of this city so I`m gonna grab my Nikon right now and go out to make some fresh pictures of the capital of Ukraine. Come back 2 check 🙂